The roll-in shower gives us a sense of independence and freedom and peace of mind knowing that we can function in this house freely…Housing is a basic implement in life and if people can’t afford it, they’re missing one of their fundamental rights…Without those opportunities for everyone, how can we truly be free? Let everyone have a chance at happiness and contentment and a feeling of belonging in their community.
-Linda S., AHA! Tenant
click the donate button:
via mail send a check to:
Accessible Housing Austin!
1640-A E. 2nd Street,
Austin, Texas 78702
By making a donation to AHA, you:
- Help a low-income person with a disability live in a safe, decent home
- Facilitate the full integration of people with disabilities into the community
- Provide housing for someone transitioning out of a nursing home or other institution
- Create a more diverse and inclusive community
- Direct a donation to support the accessibility, energy efficiency, and upkeep of an AHA! home
- Donate a gift card from Home Depot, Lowes, Office Depot, Staples, etc.
- Donate or will a home to AHA!
How Your Donations Work:
- Any donation supports the construction of our new multi-family project, AHA! at Briarcliff.
- $50 helps AHA! purchase enough HVAC filters to keep a tenant’s home energy efficient for one year.
- $100 helps AHA! add grab bars to make a bathroom more accessible.
- $500 helps AHA! build a ramp.
- $1,000 helps AHA! invest in purchasing and rehabilitating more homes.